The Book of Joy
An eight-week study of THE BOOK OF JOY by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu begins in September. The class will be offered on Wednesdays at 10:30am and Saturdays at 1:00pm by Zoom. During these challenging times, we will be inspired by these two holy men to find “Lasting Happiness in a Changing World”. Led by Suzanne Harbster and Rev. Shirley Wells, all adults are encouraged to attend one of the studies in this series each week. Invite your friends who might like to dial in wherever they are. Books may be purchased anywhere books are sold, or a pdf version of THE BOOK OF JOY may be downloaded at no cost at pdfdrive.com. Classes will be interactive and reflective.
- Introduction to the Nature of True Joy
- Obstacles to Joy and How to Overcome Through the Pillars of Joy
- Fear, stress, and anxiety; Perspective, Humor
- Frustration and Anger; Forgiveness and Meditation
- Sadness, Grief and Despair; Generosity
- Loneliness and Envy; Humility and Gratitude
- Suffering and Adversity; Compassion
- Illness and Fear of death; Acceptance
- Conclusions and ongoing practices
Please email Pastor Shirley to make your reservation and receive the Zoom link by Monday, August 31st.